Taking care of collections
IPARC is a versatile, multidisciplinary conservation and restoration platform which was set up by five partners-shareholders at the end of 2011. At that time they each had a career of more than ten years as self-employed restorers in their respective discipline.
In order to achieve the highest quality standards IPARC works only with graduated
Masters in Restoration.
IPARC strictly follows the ICOM and ECCO guidelines when completing the assignments (www.icom.museum, www.ecco-eu.org). Training and life-long learning are central.
Are you a private or public collection professional, collector or art lover? You can always call on IPARC for the following services:
- Conservation and restoration of art objects. For example: modern and contemporary art objects, paintings, polychromatic sculptures, art works in stone or stone-like materials like plaster, textile, wooden objects and furniture.
- Research and analysis. For public and private projects IPARC conducts (preliminary) research. This may also include a material-technical analysis, or additional arthistoric and iconographic research, either or not in combination with a literature study.
The IPARC workshop also has a fully equipped stateof-the-art photo lab. Photos are made here before, during and after treatment. The IPARC analyses comprise both microscopic and chemical analyses, but can also be done by means of
- Integrated pest management (IPM) with ecological insect pest eradication. IPARC is the exclusive partner for the warm air Thermo Lignum treatment.
- Collection services. These include collection management (registration and digitalisation), specialised art storage, condition checks and reporting.
- Art storage. Our own art deport, ARTPORT, is located in Kampenhout, at only twelve minutes from Zaventem airport and twenty minutes from Antwerp. ARTPORT accommodates 600 m2 workshop, lab and studio and also offers storage rooms for customers. This storage can either be short or long term, and is also suitable as disaster storage. Both groupage and individual boxes or areas are possible, with individual access if necessary. These storage facilities were built in 2015 and are equipped with a climate system, and movement and fire detection according to the most recent standards.
IPARC therefore offers all services at a central location. The collection services and storage are under one roof and come as an integrated whole. Works are only manipulated by conservators. For the storage facilities priority is given to those clients who also wish to contract the collection services for their art works.
Leen Gysen, Managing Partner IPARC